Alice

Alice, by 雷山 of ジークンソフト

Alice, by 雷山 of ジークンソフト

"Alice Tale in Phantasmagoria" (幻想世界のアリステイル, Gensou Sekai no Arisu Teiru), or Alice Tale for short, by Seto Yuuichi.

The web novel formerly known as "When I Thought I'd Play a Girl Online, I Was Reborn Into Another World as One" (ネカマしようと思ったら、異世界転生して女になったんだが!).

Original webnovel: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n6049cc/

Translator: Kadi

Thanks to:
krytyk for the space
Seto Yuuichi for writing this web novel and authorizing the translation
雷山 (Raizan?) of ジークンソフト (G-Kun Soft?) for the illustration
E-tan, for being the most amazing help character there is

Story Synopsis

Arisugawa Akito suddenly finds himself in another world and another body, namely the one of the game character he just created. Female, game character. Alice. When there is no virtual reality technology around. Join him her as he she struggles with the world, her body and the puppies after her life as the dream of being the strongest feels suddenly far away.... as does being a man.

Arc 1 - Reborn in Another World (Full Text)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Arc 2

Part 1

438 thoughts on “Alice

1. Halp

Hey, I was wondering if there are chinese translations of this LN? It's too good and I want to keep on reading it... unfortunately I am only fluent in Chinese :<

1. Kadi

I'm not aware of any Chinese translation... which is not that surprising since Alice Tale is a web novel, without an LN adaption at that, and it's not one of the super-famous ones, either. Which aren't actually that good if you ask me (they mostly are or turn into trash), but well, w/e. We have our fluff and that's that. Or we will have fluff once I can clear my head.... in 2-3 weeks? No promises, though.

2. Crass

Thanks a lot for the story Kadi, its been a joy to read! Looking at the source website I see we have a lot of content prepared for the future. Keep up the good work, I'll be eagerly waiting!

3. Irina_Akashira

Thanks for the new novel 9

I've read your summary, and just to be sure,

Is this just a fantasy novel (no reincarnation or transported in other world)?

1. 9

yes its fantasy but to be exact a fantasy world with game mechanics. like a world with levels, stats, skills, classes and etc. Its not reincarnation and transportation but still the MC is OP and female

1. Irina_Akashira

Oki

Just for curious. What mean "OP" (I'm not english speaker)?

Pd: I said about reincarnation and transportation because almost all translated webnovels from "http://ncode.syosetu.com/..." have these tags

The only others exceptions that I know is "Tsuyokute New Saga" and Mahouka

Pd2: OPEN QUESTION TO EVERYONE

What is most similar "Alice tales". Reincarnation or transported?

1. 9

Op means Over-Powered most reincarnated and transported MCs are like that.

for Alice tale, I think its transportation. because for reincarnation to happen the MC has to die first but it can still still be proven as a reincarnation since who knows he might've died after creating a character, like for what if the MC might have to die to transfer into the other world, like his soul was the one transferred and was given a new body on the other world. since it can also be said the reincarnation can just be said a transportation with the soul to a new body which is usually a new born life but who said it cant also be cute teenage girl you can transfer to.

Though, for transportation it might be that MC was transferred and also transformed. The main point is that they are able to retain their memories from the other world and both transportation and reincarnation genre has that which makes this case more confusing if you think about it. however, there is a hole that can be filled in the story and its "how and why she was transferred to the other world?" which will probably be explained later in the story. if that can be answered, then of course everything will be explained but at the same time it wasn't explained yet so who knows what really happened. its like Schrödinger's cat , google it, you won't know what is happening in the box unless you open it and at the same time if the box is not opened it can be said that the cat inside is both dead and alive(from what i heard). the same goes for alice in this case, it can be said that she was transported and at the same time reincarnated unless we have reached the part where it will be explain, though for now enjoy the time while the answer is still in the box.

For those too lazy too read, my answer for now is Both can happened unless its explained, all of it is just my hypothesis or opinion. it can be wrong or correct(and my reference might be totally wrong too TT_TT). and thats is from professor(wanabe) 9.

1. 9

ah, wait now that i read it properly my answer changed from my first answer OTL

2. Irina_Akashira

Thanks for your answer and opinion

I've thought in many possibilities too, and I fear that a third explanation that I thought is very unlikely but maybe the saddest

4. 9

well, i got permission from kadi. so while you wait for the new chapters, try and read my translation of Kansutoppu!
    Temporary synopsis by my editor (based on the prologue):
    This story follows Ryua, a girl whose village was razed and villagers slaughtered by demons. After escaping the village, Ryua wandered in the mountains until she stumbled upon a dungeon. A 100 floor dungeon, unknown to others. The 100th floor, deep underground, was occupied by the in the guise of a senile old man . After a difficult battle, she found herself boosted to an incredible strength and escaped the dungeon. This follows her adventures afterwards.

something i was secretly translating. Found it when i was looking for an alternative of alice tale.i already got 3+ chapters out

'Tis good. 'Nuff said.

Not enough said? Alright. I first read this Kansutoppu with rather low expectations. I wanted to see two cute girls flirting with each other and going on a trip. It delivers. There's the "Shujinko Saikyou (Protagonist is the strongest)" tag, and as such I didn't expect much tension from the battles, and well... Ryua delivers. Which usually isn't a good thing. The plot isn't very "tight", either, which is bad for action-based stories. Which sadly is a common problem around Syosetu, or rather with Japanese stories in general, but this is a comparatively light case.
      Anyhow, miraculously the "Shujinko Saikyou" doesn't get in the way of things, either. It's only a means, not the self-insertive, wish-fulfillmental masturbatory end, and Kansutoppu is still a nice, sometimes too nice adventure story. Ryua and Roelle go to all kinds of places, meet all kinds of people with all kinds of problems. And somewhere along the way you notice it's not about Ryua kicking ass and slicing cheese. It's about people. About the choices they make and the consequences it brings, about power and happiness, about humans and being human; and for a hobby author's story, it's pretty good at that. Excellent for Syosetu levels at any rate. And well... when things come together at the end of the first over-arc (translation-wise very, very far in the future)... you're going to shit bricks. I know I did. At least once, and damn me it was a big one. I don't even remember the last time a story, any story, managed to blindside me this nicely.

(Alice is still fluffier. And tighter. Plot-wise, I mean. Really! Perverts! ... Me!?! ... *sigh* ... *sob?* ... the hell am I writing here. Back to learning.)

1. 9

ooooh, thank you very much. after reading this i want to try "shitting bricks" as you said. and i don't really read ahead so i don't know. OOOOOH this really motivates. Once again thank you very much.

by the way can i share this statement at my wordpress?

2. Aereus

Sounds a bit like that one where the MC is transported to another world then dumped halfway down a 200-floor dungeon at L1 or something, only to survive and come out a badass...

1. Kadi

Well, it's different. This author actually has an idea what makes a story work and good. The story you're probably referring to is plain unreadable.

5. Ziru

Anyone know of another LNs like this? Male to Female reincarnation, that is. One with this sort of story... yeah. I might translate it even.

1. Guildy

How th heck did you even find this Nineth?(/ >~<)/ there's no tag whatsoever, and I assume you can't read Japs?

2. Guildy

Tried reading it using Krytyk most hated enemy (GT), and from the basic gist of it, it seems the MC reincarnated but already in a grown body?

1. Irina_Akashira

In this case, maybe isnt a reincarnation-theme novel (like mushoku tensei or Re monster)

Its more similar ti Alice tale or Log Horizon (suddenly transported in other world, in other body). But usually in transported theme you are in the same body (like Tate yusha or Arifureta)

In this case, what do you think that is most similar Alice tale and log Horizon? Reicarnation theme or transported them?

2. 9

there are keywords that you can use to find things. first you click this " 小説情報 " (upper part option 2nd beside the red words). then you wll see something like this http://ncode.syosetu.com/novelview/infotop/ncode/n6049cc/ ( r15
          ガールズラブ ->yuri(its says girls love but who cares its still yuri)
          残酷描写有 -> basically "dark stuff"(most translated WN has this)
          ファンタジー -> fantasy
          恋愛 -> romance
          性転換 -> gender bender (or sex change or something like that)
          and etc (too lazy to put them here cause they are too many keywords)

after that go here http://yomou.syosetu.com/search.php?word= (just below you can see a search bar just click it "search" or "検索") after that click this " 詳細検索 " (its in blue text) , after that you can see more search options (basically something like "advance search"). then below the search bar you will see boxes with these text
          [ ] 作品名 -> title
          [ ] あらすじ -> summary/sypnosis (not sure how this works
          [ /] キーワード -> keywords(check this)
          [ ] 作者名 -> author
          then put the keywords on the search bar(be sure that there are space between the words like "R15 ガールズラブ 恋愛 ") then click search
          also if you have difficult navigating just translate the page to english this will make things easier. then after that you will be shown stuff.
          warning: not all of the stuff shown will be accurately the same as the keywords you used be sure to check the keywords of the series before checking them out to be sure that it is the one you are looking for.

yes, I still can't read jp but i'm learning slowly (and i'm slowly and secretly translating a wn)

1. Guildy

And its not secret anymore. DO WANT!, or at least some news on progress

2. 9

fufufufufu, if you want it then find it. its still a secret cause no one knows where to find it( though i shared it to someone for checking some stuff) but Its somewhere in the net.

3. guildy

Meh, found it. A simple Googling is all its needed, I understand why it wasn't released publicly....nevertheless still better than using GT. But man, translating and making people understand is a whole different level. I'll cheer for you, so keep working to translate (this sounds wrong)

4. Aereus

It's still rather awkward to search there. Is there a qualifier to have the search bring up results that include all given keywords? I don't see a checkbox, so like I try to search for TSF and keimai for example, but it's just a giant list of both tags instead of a list that has both of them.

6. ShiroShiro

i had read this project, and i came to love it.. i hope i can get next release soon! THANKS for translator !

7. japs.p9

love this LN is funny the hero sort of walks into all the gags and only after do you see it was going to happen keep up the good work trasalateing will there be a ch this month can't wate to se whats next

8. Tommy

Lol... good job Kadi... This is great story.... After I read second arc using GT I've come to love this series more and more.....
    She had become stronger than before and also looks like she had charmed one opposite sex..... I had grinned uncontrollably when I read that.... hahahahahahaha.....

9. Guildy

......a batch release! More pic to draw!.......but even the previous one is not finished yet. Oh the conflict
    but anyway, thanks for the dose of fluff!

10. Guildy

I am just glad kadi sama even gave attention to my comment, and now I'm cursing myself for not able to read japanese (btw, the reply button is missing, so thats explain the comment) glad to even know theres people out there that have same preference, any suggestions?

1. krytyk Post author

There's a limit to indent of comments, if you want to reply to a very deep comment, try replying to one above it instead.

1. Guildy

Thanks mighty krytyk,I've been checking this site everyday (since finding out this site is full with fluffiness and amazing translators)

1. krytyk Post author

Make sure to thank the respective translators (me / kadi) for respective series. Also, Aorii's work is an original work, so twice the thanks to him - you can even worship him.

1. Guildy

I'm actually thanking for the tips on replying,
            but nevertheless thank you Kadi,Krytyk,Aorii, and Kadi (refering to twice the thanks) for giving me the dose of fluff.
            Might even starting the faith of the Three Heroes, worshipping these three apostles for bringing us the new god(esses?)

11. Gawd

ok so i just finished reading Alice tale for the third time, and i find myself anticipating this series even more than Only Sense. Great job Project picking Kadi

1. Kadi

Your prayers for Fluff have been heard! And while I've given up on a batch release exactly... *ominous laughter*

12. Irina_Akashira

9, a question please

Tha links that you posted previosly of others webnovels, do you have read these novels?

In affirmative case, can you do a short summary about the first (かんすとっぷ!Kansutoppu!)? I've tried to use the google translator but I dont understand very well

1. 9

well, don't try to use GT on it, it will just make you laugh. its not that MT friendly. I haven't really read it yet, I'm just using it for practice TLs and if i don't like it, I'll stop TLing it.

I'm still trying to TL the prologue(been busy doing other stuff so it was delayed). I'll probably try and finished the prologue tomorrow.

1. Irina_Akashira

Can you tell me at last if have some tg character (for curious)?

Pd : I dont use GT alone, but I cant read japanese. With the GT obtain a initial translation and a transcription that I can hardly read, and understand more or less

1. Kadi

TG? Transgender? Trap? Not from what I've read. Which isn't much, I admit, I just had a quick look to see if it could be used to practice JP. The first chapter had very simply constructed Japanese, at least.

1. Guildy

Can you also look at this title? Chrono x sex x complex and a relatively new LN ダークな乙女ゲーム世界で命を狙われてます | I Am Being Hunted In A Grimdark Datesim for Girls I just want to know does it contain tg and its actually synopsis

2. Kadi

Not any time soon, I'm afraid. If I still remember it by the time I can... maybe.

2. 9

btw i already completed the prologue tell me if you want to read it, though, it isn't edited yet and there might be a lot of mistakes

1. asda

Holy shit, how impatient are you guys? It hasn't even been a month since the Kadi said he was working on it. Plus, I imagine that people are busy this time of year with Finals.

My guess is that Kadi is working on a batch release for christmas or something...

1. Bubbles

At this stage I can understnad they are impatient judging by the information we have been given by Kadi, I would say they are being selfish in putting unnecessary pressure on him as we know that in previous months he's been quite ill and he also has his own life to live. For example his trip he got back from on the 30th November but people may not read all the comments. The reason why I say I understand is because when Kadi posted chapter 19 he said that the next release would (kindly) be a double or triple release which (logically) would take double or triple the time to translate.

So based on his release rate where the first chapter was released on 4th of October and the 19th chapter released on the 14th of November we have been graced with a chapter on an average of every 2.16 days. So assuming he kept his current pace 3 chapters would be done in approximately 6-9 days . Now each part seems to be 7-8 chapters so based on previous parts there could be 4 chapters left in this part and Kadi could have decided to do all four in bulk, extended the time needed to translate and edit but you'd still expect based on his past speed to have finished 4 chapters within 2 weeks.

It's now been double that time so this reasoning is part of why I say it's getting to the stage where I can understand people's impatience, the other part would be the lack of posts on the main page, some people won't read all the comments they just refresh the main page or this page. Like you point he could be busy with finals which obviously take priority. However he could have written a short post saying that he had to take a break like Solitarytranslations and Unlimitednovelfailures two other translation websites I read.

The lack of information on the main page is what has caused concern from my perspective, waiting is fine as all work is done by the grace of the translators but the lack of activity is what caused people to worry that it had been dropped compared to the small intervals between the other chapters.

Obvious criticisms of saying he should have posted would be lack of or low priority of internet access through illness or away from easy internet access (like his trip).

Sorry to all for this essay and any offence caused, I was simply just trying to write an overview of why I could understand why people were becoming concerned, even if posting their concerns causes unnecessary pressure.

Lastly thanks must always go to Kadi for bringing us the translation of a great read

1. Kadi

Thanks for the support, it's appreciated. In fact, I need 3-4 hours of concentrated work for one chapter, currently, but there was that illness, there was work and there was not wanting to do anything productive in my free time after I was busy... duhhh. Anyway, I won't let Alice Tale die any time soon, I promise. It might take a while, but finishing the first three Arcs at least is my long term goal... so while I may not do much for some whiles, and not respond much to posts during those whiles, let me say this:

THERE SHALL BE FLUFF!

13. Chrono

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work you're putting into this Kadi. It was so awesome I read it all at once!

14. 411

after reading this i feel so...... similar with the MC lol :v
    though right now i'm immersed on LN rather than gaming (coz i won't read this if i'm gaming lol :v)
    but, i hope i won't be a trap if i die lol

15. FanOfAlice

Anyone know when the next chapter is released? Or where a notification is posted or something? I keep finding myself reloading the page a few times a day while holding my breath and crossing my fingers for good luck. So far I have been absolutely loving the series, it is a lot of fun.

1. 9

as for now, there is no news yet.

Though, I understand your feeling of wanting to read more but a fan of Alice should be patient. wait and behave. You will see her soon. I assure you as the (self-proclaimed) number 1 fan of Alice. So hang in there. the salvation from the fluffiness will descend from the heavens and save us from our suffering.

1. Kadi

I just got home from a trip, it's cold, I'm tired as heck and... stuff. Yes. Stuff. *rants a bit more*

Okay, now I feel better. In short: I live, I haven't forgotten you, I understand how you feel very well, but the next release takes time.

Say, 9, are you posting under a working email address?

16. 9

Kadi-sama how exactly did you find this fluffy WN? I've been searching for a wn similar to this.

well, I've been trying to learn Japanese and how to translate. So i've been looking for a wn similar to alice tale. I needed some kind of goal to keep myself motivated. well, after drawing alice, she just became my favorite character. So i've been desperately looking for similar wn.

1. Kadi

I... don't actually remember how I found Alice Tale. There is a thread on Syosetsu over on the animesuki forums, but the people there generally like broken/cheat/overpowered protagonists and don't focus on writing/style/pace and, in short, good stories. I also remember checking out favorites of some authors I like...
        For the adult section of Syosetsu, I remember tag-searching for the weirdest shit I could find. Conclusion: Japanese are very weird. As usual. But I don't think I'll write about those experience in detail here... except for this: I found an excellent story with a VR-trap (RL boy, VR girl) there. But, again, adult material~~ But I might not mind translating it... but Alice Tale, and adult material... but... but... *breaks*

1. 9

well, honestly, what i wanted to search is a story that has this ガールズラブ since alice tale has one. I'll probably try this one かんすとっぷ!I kinda wana see OP girls getting harem. I haven't really read it yet but I'll read it as I try to translate it. but if i happen to dislike it I'll drop it. well, actually was curious about that VR-trap thingy, may I have some kind of hint what the title may be?

Oh, btw i drew alice again, in a santa girl outfit *drools* it hasn't been digitally colored but its colored traditionally.

oh lastly, I just noticed . . . . . . . . I saw my name and my work here http://ncode.syosetu.com/n6049cc/1/ OTL . It really surprised me. I was happy that shion got a fanart but after scrolling down i just saw my name and a link to my work(the first fanart) *DIGS A VERY DEEP HOLE*. . .uuuuu. how did he find it? TTATT

1. Kadi

If there's fanart, I've gotta tell the author, right? :P Congrats, you're famous.

17. 9

Kadi-sama, I somehow created a weapon like fanart of Alice. should i post it now or later?

1. Kadi

So that's the image of Alice you have, huh... we're going to see if that image changes over time!

1. 9

well, I just based it off the illustration posted here

I hope the characters will have their official concept designs soon, so fanarts will be easier to do, just gotta love the fluffiness

2. Kadi

Well, technically that first illustration one is fanart, too... maybe I phrased it too ambiguously back then. Oh, well.

3. 9

really!? I thought it was official. I've been using that image since chapter 1. OTL

Oh, well, alice is still cute and fluffy, but i really hope i could see the official designs . . . .

I was hoping to do more fanarts of it like, Yandere, tsundere , chibi, loli ver. , adult ver, santa wear, bunny suit, cat ears and tails, sailor uniform, blazer, bikini, Yukata, White one-piece dress, battle poses, and more cute poses. OTL

4. Kadi

Technically, there is no official design. It's no LN, the author has hired no illustrator... He just posted "that" illustration that he got as a gift from a fan. Which makes it "the most official". Still fanart.

5. 9

oh well, just gotta hope it turns to an LN soon and since There is no official ones yet might as well draw my image of the other characters as a fanart. then when i draw my image of shion i might draw the b-b-bath scene of alice with shion guhuhuhuhu

6. Liedral

There's a second picture of Alice up, this time she has a lightning rod and it seems her equipment is at a basic level? Somehow it feels as if the first picture was Alice with end game armor or something like that...

7. Kadi

Nope, no end game equipment. You're right, the other one has the Lightning Rod, but... oh, well. We'll get there. Christmas maybe? I'd like that. Fluffy Christmas...

1. 9

well, I want it to turn out good so I'll probably gona spend a few days re-drawing it ( the first fanart was rushed causing me to get exhausted making the work bad).

I know how you feel, while I was drawing it, I was so into it , I was like "ALICE-TAN!!!! KAWAIII !!MOEEEE" well, the main theme was like to "to show the fluffiness of the fluffiness"

oh, btw if you have any request I'll be glad to do it.

1. Kadi

Take your time: Fluffiness is never too early or too late, it always comes at the right time.

And I'll try to think of some nice scenes to draw, or to have illustrations of.

Edit: your current draft has Alice with kinda droopy eyes (tareme). They're actually tsurime. Uhh... WOOOOORDS!... but she's cute with tareme, too... AAAARGH *broke*

1. 9

ooh, Honestly first time I hear those terms.

I was aiming for some kind of pleading eyes. those cute dangerous eyes which is capable of controlling humans muwahahaha

well, I might make a yandere version of it

18. 9

can I keep sharing my Alice tale(or maybe OSO too) Fanarts here, Just asking permission before i shamelessly post links in the comments

1. Kadi

Sure. Can't promise I'll translate chapters and use the arts for release posts within 24h (might be a busy week), but I'm really curious to see it. By the way, have you re-read chapter 18 already?

19. Pingback: Full Light Novel List | renmt

20. Irina_Akashira

When write the previous message, links not working. Don't mind

Thanks for the new chapter

21. Sanngrior

everyone, we must go to OSO and thank justice for fixing the injustice that was done to our fluffy alice before the name was finally changed :)

justice has been served and it is fulffy :P

22. DedWards

Awesome story is awesome, but I think the links need to be fixed. Ever since the name change, they don't seem to work for me...

1. Kadi

The... navigation bar should still work, at least it does for me. As for the direct chapter links in the old release posts... I haven't tried them, but they should identify chapters by identification number. Try... what was it again... flushing your cage? Ctrl-F5 instead of just F5 to refresh your page, or so, at least in Firefox. I hope.

Or is there another kind of link that I've overlooked?

Edit: I have. I'm working on it.
      Editedit: I have worked on it. Tell me if I overlooked one or mixed something up.

23. Beel

This is really good! Thanks alot Kadi

When Alices time of the month came i was laughing far too much.

24. CuriousCabbitBlue

thank you for the hard work~! machine translations...gawd I tried reading those, its possible but ruins the flow of the story to the point you just select keywords out to get the basic idea, the story loses it soul an can cause headaches =3=

25. Coma

the menu now show a "part 3" (altrough still empty) ... but if I'm right... it wasn't there a few days ago... so... can we get it for a sign that kadi-sama is back to translating?

hope you got a well deserved rest and are once again full of energy and fluffiness that you want to share with us ^^

1. Kadi

Yes, I added that ... half an hour ago, maybe? My sense of time is off while translating. Actually I'm sick and tired, of everything, but like that I'd never get back to translating, so here I am, slaving away... Yay? Let's hope the peach juice lasts...

1. Coma

wait wait... we can't have you burn out ^^ someone bring here some more cans of peach juice... let's add a shoulder massage from a cute imouto... there is nothing that can't be healed if you use that ^^

jokes aside... thx for your work Kadi and seriously... don't burn out ;)

2. Loco15

Wow, take it slow Kadi, if you are sick and tired and still force yourself to translate I can only think of bad things in the long term. Btw, are your sick and tired as in disease or are you sick and tired of the world?.

Well as said by Coma I appreciate your work and hope you don't burnt out; and if you do I will pray for you to end like Alice :)

1. Kadi

Let's just say my health is fine and I blow off steam by complaining. Like "I hate translating". Which is true, by the way, but I like doing it anyway. Alice is worth it. The end of the chapter isn't that far off, by the way. Can only be a matter of hours!!!

1. Shiku

Also thanks for Translating nekama once again^^, like those two said please don't overdo it.

Well, I'm out of words... Once again thanks for Translating nekama. Hoping that it will be continued longer but please don't burn out, take it steady, we all can wait... We're just leechers anyways ^_^

Oh... Also... ALL HAIL FLUFFINESS!!!

26. Azaira

Absolutely adorable!
    I'm so glad i stumbled upon this
    Thank you very much for translating this
    Hope to be able to read more soon <3

27. Bubbles

Thanks for translating, really enjoying it so far, hope there's a new release soon but DO NOT overwork yourself, thanks again :)

28. arandomdude6

this one is too addicting, almost as much as OSO, but not quite. keep checking here cuz im quickly running out of my 5 dozen LN list to read from

29. Mampi

Now that 15 is out the way, I don't have drive myself into a wall waiting for the next chapter.

Ufufufufu~ I'm going go read the character profiles, I love the last sentences on each of them.

1. Mampi

Yes I am aware. I read them before and I felt like reading them again. Ufufufufu~
        If you meant why I'm reading it now... I finished reading arc 2 a while back.

1. Sanngrior

every couple hours at latest is how often i check, i just love reading them soon after they go up whenever they go up haha. dont always post or notice problems but love reading a fresh release

30. nekosama

whaaaa if... if krytykal Translation. translate a lot of Gender Bender Light Novel or Web Novel :3

I hope that will happen and all Perverted guy who like man become women al of them will came here hehe...

1. Kadi

To prevent misunderstandings: There is no "krytykal Translations". There's krytyk, there's his blog, and there's me, borrowing a little space here. No group.

1. Shiku

Well the webpage is named krytykal.org, so its so easy to someone to misunderstand your name nyahahaha!

Even the slogan says "Krytyk's Translations", many people turn a blind eye of it and still call you "krytykal" ( =w=)

1. Kadi

Maybe I should pick up a proper light novel, too, so that I can get my own banner made of one of its illustrations... with "Kadi's Translations"! But first, I have to get back to translating Nekama, the withdrawal should strike soon. ...but first, some reading for myself!

1. krytyk Post author

I do know, yes? I am Polish after all, it would be weird if I didn't know.

31. Mampi

Good job Kadi!
    Fufufu~ ever since part 1 was done, I've been waiting for ch15.
    By the way... is it Iria, Illia or Illya?

32. Jesús

Gracias por traducir Nekama, me muero de ansias por leer lo que sigue.

Fuwa fuwa time.

33. Aereus

I mentioned it before Kadi, but even if not a full TLC, I would recommend getting the chapters proofread before putting them up. You're doing a good job overall, but there are often simple grammatical errors with the English that a proofreader could fix in just a few minutes. Would do that much more of a service to the author that way IMHO.

1. Shiku

rather than proofreading it before posting we'd love to see it with errors... this makes the translatikns more lively... well, some might have caused misunterstanding however there is kadi's popular grammar capitalist and co. to make it right. and compared to baka-tsuki, so many editors there are just lazy ass-tards waiting the rough translations to come so that they can adv read it. (no offence, i meant no harm) ... here even a normal guest can even make some corrections (well... kadi-san decides what to be fixed though)...

i know it's offensive comments but they're the truth...

1. Shiku

this makes the guest more active ... I know this sounds ridiculous, but in some point the two party are mutually beneficial(i can't explain the correct wording of it)

like for example
          a wrong grammar one can help the english comprehension of the guest if he corrected it right

aaand, after the correction reliazed, the translator can improve his/her gramnar too(sry for bad english)

annd technically, the guest can also be called proofreader and TLC anyway(in some point)

can't really explain to you completely, but you get the idea right?

1. krytyk Post author

Afaik, first arc isn't nowhere near completion, so you'll have to wait a bit longer.

1. Sanngrior

yup, we are only at part 2 of first arc, and if i remember right kadi said there will be 3(?) parts to look forward to.

once its done though there will likely be a few versions posted by fans, best to wait long enough for edits and stuff to be applied before grabbing a pdf :3

34. Yukikaze

sound more like gender bender to me. Not that I care if its traps or gender bender. They are both fun in there ways

35. SpiffyRaptor

I have checked this page around 15 times every day since the last update and i'm starting to shed tears every time I see there is no update

1. Sanngrior

tell me about it. i did the same with oso but atleast with oso we knew a date and end was in sight.

we dont have such a known delay or end here which makes it so painful haha. though personally i'm a believer in more translations + more often = better learning curve.

1. krytyk Post author

In the end, translators do it on their own, for free, in their own free time. Mind that and have some patience ;).

2. Kadi

24 hours. With a front page post. I'd have loved to release now, but... I translate directly on the blog. The blog ate my translation. 404. No autosave or so to be found. "Back" led to an empty page. ...yeah.

And of course translating more can learning more, but you mustn't slack. If you stop caring and arbitrarily do whatever, you don't learn. At most you'd form bad habits.

1. Sanngrior

yeah, i tried to learn 2 new languages at the same time, and it led to major confusions.

was kiddie decent in them but now, after not using them at all for years, i can only remember a few random words hahaha.

don't mind about us rushing you or anything, everything we say is just fueled by withdrawal symptoms xD just cause a druggy asks for a fix doesn't mean he should get one ;P

p.s. ty for chap 13 :3

2. Loco15

15 times? Pfft, I have already forgotten how many times I check in a day (Krytykal.org is my startup page, and even then, I check some times before closing firefox). But I'm not going to complain, because I haven't re-read this in a while (I have read part 1 six times, and part 2 two times)

I shall vow that starting tomorrow, as soon as I wake up, will once again read this religiously as I bask in Alice fluffiness, and pray that the next update will be soon, for shall we be devoid of our godness, life will lose it's meaning and color , while everything will be slowly eated and absorbed by the darkness.

We shall pray, that the fluffiness can hold on the advance of the darkness until the foretold JUSTICE arrives and saves us all.

36. lesstea

Tomorrow I'll be having a mid-term exam. I hope I won't be distracted by random thoughts like 'did they update a new chapter?' or things like that...

37. TheAnonymousAnon

Is Alice a trap, though?
    From my understanding, traps are:
    -Mentally a female(if willing)/male(if unwilling)
    -Actually of male gender
    -Appearance of a female

But in this case, Alice is:
    -Mentally a male(at least, for now he insist to be masculine)
    -Actually of female gender(her body is)
    -Appearance of a female

1. krytyk Post author

Basically trap is a guy with appearance of a girl, mostly dressing in girl or gender neutral clothes.

It's referred to as trap because when you get to doing... ehem, you discover a certain addition.

As such, neither Alice nor Yun from OSO are traps? Well, Yun is a trap in real, in game he's a girl.

1. Sonoda Yuki

If it's an online persona/roleplay, the term Nekama can be used. It can definitely apply to Yun, but as fore Alice, since it's more like some sort of reincarnation... i dunno

2. Chilliam

Gender-bender generally refers to traps, gender-swapper refers to when a man is in girl('s) body and vice versa, and nekama could be considered a sub-category of this.

1. ireadmanga

Yun can't be categorized as a trap in any way, since she always admit she's a guy in real life. No ones believe it though.

38. Daike1234

Damn, i Thought this is OSO web novel. oh well gonna read this, Damn Traps invading the internet. even the new animes have it now.!

1. xExorTx

traps are males that dress/totally looks like a girl... Shun and Arisu's case is a complete gender-bend just like Natsuru from Kampfer and Ranma from Ranma 1/2...

39. Liedral

Hmm..... after rereading this a few times I've become kinda curious about the attribute progression. Alice starts out with 10 available stats, 0,1,0,4,5, at lvl 14 and after a classup, Shion also only has 10 available stats, 3,1,1,5,0. Do they get additional attributes as they lvl up, something like 1 attribute for every 20 lvls? or is 10 max for the rest of their lives.

1. Shiku

its already given from the first part, chapter 4 or 5 when Shion shows her stats 3,1,1,5,0 even at level 17 so... my guess its not gonna grow soon. and from what i understand, the attributes are just foundation of their skills and still experience takes it role in this WN

1. Liedral

Shion's lvl 14 ehehe... she's 17 of age. But I was wondering maybe the attribute will increase at lvl 20/30? or maybe the next classup...

2. just a passing guy

i think that the stats aren't gonna get new points maybe they show how them grow ex. level1 0,1,0,4,5 level2 0,2,0,8,10 etc (sorry for the poor english it is not my native language AND i'm a pretty bad writer)

1. Kadi

73, so far. If I am to guess, Arc 3 is about to end in Japanese, and it shows now sign of stopping or getting any worse.

1. Irina_Akashira

Can I ak for a possible spoiler?

Do you appear another "isekaijin" in future chapters?

1. Kadi

No. No spoilers whatsoever. None. If I start, or anyone else, it's never going to stop. And then the translations will stop. That's why I will act against spoilers with much prejudice.

40. LazyLuong

Krytyk, this project isn't listed under the menu when viewing the website with a mobile device. I would recommend you to add a "Project" link and a "Others" link under the menu for projects (you're working on) / others (projects that you are hosting for others). Beside for the front page announcements, there's no way to reach this page. Also, since you might not always update the menu list for mobile devices, having a link to all the active project list would be a lot of help ^^

1. krytyk Post author

Ah yes, I need to update that menu manually. Thanks for the tip. Since the only thing to update are the projects, it's not a big problem as long as I don't forget.

41. Kiki

not enough updatessssss, thus i went and read the google translate but that only lasted so long :< .... partly cause it hurts my brain but mostly cause i've already reached the latest update T^T looking forward to more of your translations

1. Kadi

Excuse me? I updated 3 chapters not even 12 hours ago and you want more!?

Also, don't use machine translations. They ruin not only your brain, but also your enjoyment of the story. I believe I update often enough so that you don't need to use them at least for Nekama.

1. xExorTx

ahahahahaha I really don't recommend GT... your average brain cells that you lose everyday will only increase a thousand fold...

1. Chilliam

what if you take it as a challenge to form the nonsense that comes out into meaningful sentences that match the original?

2. 411

rather than reading GT translation i recommend you to use GT for the phonetical (alphabet version of the japanese) and try to decipher them with your vocab and sometimes looking for some words which you didn't understand rather than fully using GT

1. krytyk Post author

It's just as bad or worse than original google GT. Don't do either of them.

2. Hiccup

Kiki, Patience is virtue you know?

And about Google Translate... Kadi-san is extremely right on the spot. Not only it lacks the understanding, it ruins your comprehension and ruins the storyline because of mistranslations.

And lastly, Kadi-san is already translating fast enough compared to the other translators. You woundn't want to hear that Kadi-san collapse due to exhausetion you know, so Kadi-san needs his rest too. XD

And ill repeat it again because its important, PATIENCE IS VIRTUE

42. Chilli am

Kusanagi Double-Edged style—— 『Single Rotation』
    Kusanagi-style——『Battle Rush』
    Problems from the darkness should be dealt with by the darkness.. But we'll need some coding monkeys to sever the dimensional hyperlink between fluffiness and darkness if we want the problem to be solved permanently...

43. Hiccup

Still waiting for part 2 translations to come... but the anxiety kicks in ...

Ahhh~... NEED. MOAR. FLUFFINESS. XD

Even though you are fast translating it Kadi-san, please don't forget to slow down... and take some rest~.
    Looking forward for part 2 to come~! nyehehehe~

A--nyway~... thanksies for TLing this WN, really feels refreshing and fun just reading it ^^

1. Kadi

A zombie! Krytyk, we've got a zombie!

I'm glad that you like the story, I enjoy it immensely myself and sharing that joy is just as good, it seems. SOO....n.

44. LazyLuong

Thanks for the translation =)

To be honest, I wasn't expecting too much other than the usual comedic gender blender, but the web novel turned out far more enjoyable than I've expected. Really enjoyed how the characters interact with each other.

45. Tsaimath

Hrm, I've got to admit the fluffiness of Alice but Yun's cuteness (Justice) will rule supreme!
    But still, awesome project, I had to laugh when he made his character as I am someone who once spent more time creating a Character in a game than actually playing it. Two hours to make and after one hour of playing the game sucked so hard I had to uninstall...
    Now I'm looking forward to the next arc as chapter 7 and 8 were promising

46. Icura

Just want to give a heads-up that a lot of people were having difficulties finding these translations (myself included) because Baka-updates manga lists it as Kadi Translation (though Kadi is translating it). It was only through luck that I found it from a forum post in animesuki through many google searches.

1. Kadi

Kadi translations? Never heard of it... UHM... dunno. Sounds mehhh.

I don't plan on doing much "publicity work", actively spreading the word or making other people link me. The people who find it, find it, and I'm alright with that. If others want to spread the word (e.g. by making a Baka Updates profile you mentioned), they're free to do that unless it causes trouble for me. One exception: Even before krytyk, I've distanced myself from Baka-Tsuki, so no project page there.

1. Hiccup

hm.... now that icura mentions it ... I was shocked too seeing (Kadi Translations) at baka-updates[mangaupdates.com] well... publicity or not ... still following your translations and future work?(maybe?) XD

BTW...

After seeing Kadi Translations at baka-updates... my first reaction was : I to :O

A--nyway... still wating for FLUFINESS to appear :)

1. Kadi

No, I'm not. Baka Updates had always been ... outside my field of view.

47. Irina_Akashira

Thanks for this novel

Do you have the intention to continue translate this novel or translate other? Do you acepts suggestions?

1. Kadi

I plan to continue this for quite some time. We're going to see how long I last.

As for suggestions... I can't stop you from trying, but chances I'll shoot them down in seconds. I'm rather picky, and mean towards stuff I don't like to boot.

48. Bludflag

Krytyk,what is the name of your avatar and from which anime/LN/manga does it come from?Or is it an OC?BTW thanks for the translations of OSO and Antmagic~
    Found this blog about 2 weeks ago

1. Exort

the MC's imouto-chan...
        and I just realized that all projects that Kry does have irresistible imouto moe-ness...

1. moevora

hey, that's DAMN TRUE, i just realized too after see your post..
          maybe krytyk have imouto fetish >.>

1. xExorTx

hey hey hey. every translator I know have really common genre/tags???
            like cautr too, cautr likes OPPAI and ECCHI.

2. xExorTx

oh my god that word gave me A BIG TRAUMA before...
            but now I'm recuperating properly because they are used in a good way today.

3. mataneloro

i think the difference is
            here the TRAP is either Female body + Man soul = liking girls = yuri overload (Alice + GODDESS Yun)
            or Female Body + Soul becoming feminine as story goes = vanilla stuff pure romance
            and usually the thing that make people trauma is MalexMale with male body and the other with Male body but visioned as girl
            so there is difference
            and yeah the Genben here is the high level stuff around other with same tag

49. Kaiflame

Actually now that I think about it, how do you guys even know about all these different web and light novels?

1. Kadi

Most of the Japanese web novels are gathered on syosetu.com and its sub-domains. There are rankings and you can search for names and tags to find what you're looking for.

For LNs... word of mouth, checking the monthly releases of the publishers, famous authors, internet retailers, review blogs...

50. Kaiflame

But, Krytyk, I though you said something about disliking Web Novels because of them being very raw (Even though you`re not translating this one), or something. Not that I`ll complain about having another series that has more traps. But still.

1. krytyk Post author

I'm not picking up any webnovels. Not sure if "dislike" would be a good way to put it, the webnovels do tend to be very raw and have a poor flow - though that depends on the author's experience... if I have a choice, I'd rather wait and translate the light novel version of it. It's not like I have nothing to do in meantime too (antimagic, omae wo).

Kadi is the one who decided to pick up a webnovel, not me. He's a big boy and he doesn't need me to tell him what to do.

1. Kadi

As much as you try to sometimes!!! ...and thanks to you I did start reading Twintail, and I enjoy it. ...with another trap. What's wrong with us!?

...

I basically agree with krytyk. Web Novels are often raw, have sub-par flow, sometimes horrible pacing. Wish-fulfillmental train wrecks of story-telling. ...why am I translating a web novel again? Oh, right, my ridiculously overblown ego tells me I can either compensate for much of that in my translation or the qualities of Nekama outshine it in the first place. Or they're simply no issues here. And since I frankly doubt it will get an LN version (not due to lacking quality, though), I just went ahead and did it~~

1. Kadi

Hell no. I'm not going to touch that anime with a 5 feet stick. I'm generally against-anime lately anyway. Lately meaning "for the last 3 years", I think. But I've heard good stuff about the LN, my own early impression substantiates that and the artwork is to die for.

2. krytyk Post author

Ahh, TTnarimasu eh.

Wish I had caught up to my projects to pick it up ;(. It seems fun.

But no, my project queue is full... that's why... pester the guy with Yun as his avatar.

3. Loco15

Omg, just watched the first ep. Who do I have to give my soul to have this novel translated?

1. Anon

Web novels are usually pretty terrible for the reasons you listed, plus just general lack of detail and leaving far far too much to the imagination, but I'm pretty happy with Alice. I actually thought it was a LN while reading it and was planning on hunting down the WN translations.
          Thanks for the translation work!

51. John Smith

Ahh~ the joys of min-maxing...
    Though "realisitically" the first thing a rpg player would have done in his/her situation would be to find a scroll/book to learn the first (attack) spell.
    Like maybe when s/he was in the frieking shop ...

52. majestix1988

Lets pray that this one could get licensed and get awesome picture in the future

1. Liedral

There is already a pic of Alice if you're looking for one. Unfortunately I don't think the quality is really at profesional level. She's cute though.

53. lesstea

Chill out, guys. It's not like you're bothered by Our Goddess Yun-sama's gender, right?

54. jaydreadzz

don't tell me this is gonna become a reverse Harem? since the MC became a gurl :)

1. Chilliam

well yeah... which straight guy wants to spend all their time staring at a male's ass all day long when playing mmos/ etc...

1. sikeong

so true no one role play these day
            a game character are always a toy, a peon, a slave
            so betwen a male slave or female slave
            of course its female one, any normal guy would done this

2. dxsdfdx

The joy of a waifu, yet its through games,doujins,eroge,anime,manga,light novel, web novel,mmos, cosplay, etc. that comes and goes with a price of who is who actually and denial.

3. Tenmosu

Sorry but I kind of really hate the way you see it.
            I see the character as myself and no one else.
            I play guy and girl because it don't care about my gender, it kind of fun playing the gender of your character in mmo. It not like anybody care about your gender on the internet.

1. Jk484

Probably not seeing how the mc already has 2 female romance prospects, and as we can see has feelings for girl and the bundles of "dreams" on their chest ;)
      XD