Toc toc, Kadi here.
No, not a release this time. I'll be working on that, I really will, but no. It's about WN reviews.
In the past. people have asked for "stories similar to Alice Tale", and I could only say "Yeah, there are none". I still don't know any, but there are other good stories out there where the male protagonist ends up with a female body. Or at least readable ones. And little-known web novels that I find interesting. So my latest stupid idea was that I might as well review some.
Therefore, here are the corner points:
- Reviewing something doesn't mean I'll translate it. You know better than I do that my plate is more than full with Alice Tale.
- Reviewing should not slow down translations (further). I can read anywhere, any time, but translation eats up mental reserves.
- I'm accepting suggestions. Email me under email@example.com, subject: "WN Suggestion - *title*", and add a link to the WN in the mail's body. A little description and/or reason why you think I would review it will help draw my interest. I don't promise to review every story suggested, I won't even have time to properly read many of them, but knowing about more stories helps. Somehow. I'm sure.
- At first, I intend to focus on genderbender-themed stories, so send me suggestions for those. I'll probably start with the ones I like, worse ones and other genres coming later.
- Only stories appropriate for minors. I know of the adult-only sections of syosetu/narou. I know there are genderbender-themed stories in there. I know there are good stories in there. None of that will be discussed on the blog.
- No light novel reviews from me, not over the course of this series of posts. Trappy or not, don't bother suggesting them, it would be too much work. Hell, I haven't managed to read "I am a tutor in my sister's dress" for my own enjoyment, so there's that. (No, no visual novels with trap protagonists, either, although I remember two enjoyable ones)
... that's about all that's coming to mind at the moment. The first review should go up over the next few days. *drops dead* (go away, Vic)
P.S.: All WN suggestions in the comments will be deleted or crippled with much prejudice. There's a reason I want them via mail, and with their subject lines formatted like that.